Some things I love about October...
- Fall foliage! We've just reached the peak in color here in New England, and if you live anywhere else, you should be jealous. ;) Oh yes, and the sun always casts the most gorgeous shadows across the road, shooting through the colorful trees like stained-glass windows. That is, when it's not raining...
- The chill. While feeling freezing isn't always fun, that nippy breeze that hints of winter is rather refreshing. It makes everything smell so nice and crisp!
- Chai tea and hot cocoa. Warm drinks are such a wonderful, therapeutic part of the season. This all-natural powdered chai from Trader Joe's is my favorite. :)
- Pumpkins! and other fall decor. I carved a pheonix on my pumpkin this year and displayed it in my new space until the thing decided to go moldy on me. Now it's taken up residence on the front porch. You can see a picture here at my TwitPic page.
- Clothing. We've already touched on sweaters, but boots, scarves, knee-socks, and fingerless-gloves are equally lovely. And I adore layering!
Any special times or traditions you're family or friends share?
Speaking of layering, one of the fun things about the season change is how you can take your clothes from summer into fall. This skirt, which I re-fashioned back in April (click here for the tutorial) is too short to wear with bare legs in the fall... unless you don't have any trouble staying warm. (I'm usually freezing!) So I brought it into the fall season with the addition of some fun knee socks (in my favorite teal shade, of course). The cropped sweater/hoodie became a good friend of mine last year, as did the flats (also in teal). I just love feeling comfy and cozy without sacrificing fun pieces!
What I'm Wearing:
- Grey sweater with hood by Loca Loca- hand-me-down (I get random clothes from other people a lot, if you haven't noticed that already!)
- Black camisole by SO - from Kohls
- Denim skirt by Mossimo Supply Co. - hand-me-down - re-fashioned by me
- Teal knee-socks by SimplyVera/Vera Wang - from Kohls (I got them at the end of the season for $1.40 :)
- Teal shoes by Mossimo Supply Co. - from Target
- Jewelry by random - necklace from the Dominican Republic, bracelet was a Christmas present, ring came from somewhere ;)
Nah. I'm only young once, and plenty of people have thought I'm sixteen, so I may as well dress the part. ;) I've always identified and been friends with people who are younger than me anyway.
So, I guess the important question is... what are YOU wearing today? :)