Monday, March 17, 2014

It's a great day for the Irish!


St. Patrick's Day is one of the best days of the year. I love every holiday, but one tied so closely to my heritage which consists of wearing a fabulous color, listening to wonderful music, and eating a favorite meal is extra special.

And this year, I finally get to celebrate it as a redhead. Life is as it should be.


This is the third shade of red that I'm on... you saw the original tint in a few posts here, then it was vibrant red/orange (which you might have spied on Instagram), and three weeks ago we toned it down to more of a brown/auburn shade. But the more I wash my hair, the more the orange underneath peeks through, and when the sunshine hits it, as in these photos, it's still pretty bright.

At least I won't be lost in the crowd.


What I'm Wearing:
  • Teal blouse by Wrapper - hand-me-down
  • Skirt by teeze me - hand-me-down - was originally a dress, refashioned by me
  • Green tights from Target
  • Nude pumps by GUESS - from Marshalls
  • Earrings from Forever 21 in Times Square (bought them last Tuesday)
  • Shamrock necklace - pendant from Joann Fabrics


What are your plans for St. Patrick's day? I've got school, a meeting with a makeup artist I will be working with, and then corned beef and cabbage for supper with my family. It will be nice and low key... got another full week to rest up for!

Enjoy the day! "May you always have a clean shirt, a clean conscience, and a bob in the pocket." ;)

-Amanda

Photos by Lydia Flynn

6 comments:

The Thrifty Gypsy said...

Your outfit is fabulous! (How in the world can you manage those heels?! Do you wear them all day or ditch 'em when no one is looking? ;) Since we're having a snowy, slushy, muddy St. Patrick's Day, I'm not rocking the cute factor like you are. Still, I'm happy that a wee pinch of me is Scotch-Irish, and I can celebrate the day with bagpipes and fiddles!

<3 Trina

Anna said...

Now I feel bad, I didn't wear a bit of green today... Oh well. Your hair looks great! It's the perfect shade of red. The posing and the wind in your hair in the first pictures makes you look like a model. :)

Nicole said...

Love the outfit. The red hair is simply fabulous!!

Amanda Flynn said...

Trina - I wore them for about 6 hours that Sunday. Then I took my pictures, and put on slippers, yoga pants, and a hoodie. Story of my life. ;) Love and miss ya!

Anna and Nicole - Thank you, the red is a constant evolution. It's currently a bit darker shade and more natural, but I love how vibrant it was in these pics. It's fun. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the colored tights. I used to have three colored tights (hot pink, cobalt blue and smurf truquoise) but ended up saying goodbye to them after my mom told me they didn't look good. Seeing you wear colored tights makes me miss them...lol

-Abigail of happysnappingphotography.wordpress.com

Amanda Flynn said...

Abigail - Maybe choose a more subtle shade and ease your way slowly into the world of colored tights? ;) lol. Go and get some more!