Monday, April 7, 2014

You can stand under my umbrella for another 6 years...


Yep, that's right, I've been blogging fashion-y things for six years now.

It's been good. It's been bad. Some of it's been ugly. Things have changed considerably around me and inside of me since nineteen year old Amanda Beth decided to become a fashion "expert." Some of the things I wrote in the past completely embarrass me now. Some of the outfits I wore for photo shoots make me want to hit the the "delete post" button. And six years from now I'll probably wish I hadn't posted these wet, bedraggled last-December shots.

But it's all a part of the journey. We live, we learn, we grown and change. It keeps things interesting.


What I'm Wearing:
  • Dress by R&K Originals - thrifted
  • Belt - hand-me-down
  • Tights from Target
  • Pumps by GUESS from Marshalls
  • Umbrella from Target
  • Necklace and Ring - hand-me-downs


Can I just say a big thank you to everyone who still reads the blog? I know my posting has been less than inspired or consistent over the past few years, but the fact that some people still take time to browse my sporadic posts and leave a comment means the world to me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for these 6 years.

-Amanda

Photos by Jeff Flynn

10 comments:

Katrina Elisabet said...

Love you, girl! Wow, I see more of your mom smiling through your face (definitely a compliment!).

<3 Katrina

Nicole said...

I have those tights!!

Joanna Webber said...

Here's to another 6 years!

Lauren said...

Love your outfit! Congrats on six years...that is amazing! :)
-Lauren

Livia Rachelle said...

I concur on another six years!

Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations on your sixth year blog anniversary! I don't comment much, but I have been reading each and every one of your blog posts since 2010 and have enjoyed each one. Got some of my outfit inspriations from you. :-)

Lindsey

Treskie said...

That's a big number! Most bloggers give up after a while. I'm glad you didn't though, your blog was one of the ones that inspired me to start my own. :)

Congrats!

Amanda Flynn said...

Thank you all for the comments. So glad to have you along for the ride!

Katrina - It is! Thank you! <3

Nicole - Excellent tase. ;)

Lindsey - Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. It's great hear from you. :)

Treskie - Yay! Keep blogging away!

Maria said...

I am a complete stranger, but I read your blog. =) I LOVE seeing the different outfits you put together!!!

Amanda Flynn said...

Maria - Thank you for reading and for your comment! I love when complete strangers read the blog! ;)